Followers

Thursday, May 25, 2006

Thank you!

I know it's been awhile since I've posted. Things have been crazy busy around here. Little J has been diagnosed with a rare non-hereditary genetic disorder. Needless to say, G and I have been heartbroken. It definately was not the news we were hoping for, nor that we expected. I really want to thank everyone who has been saying prayers for us and sending good wishies our way. We really appreciate them.

We are so thankful to have so many wonderful and supportive friends and family members.

Little J is doing well, he is very healthy and we have no worries about that. It is more of a co-ordination and developmental disorder. We've been working on getting him hooked into all the right programs for early intervention and setting up the various doctors he may need in the future. Man, am I sick of doctors offices and forms to fill out.

Little J is an amazing little boy, and he brings so much love and joy to us each and every day. We have complete faith that he is going to be amazing. We have seen so much progress and determination in him, and we know that God is with our family each step of the way.

At first, when we were first going for the blood work, I prayed to God every night for everything to come out fine with his tests. When we got the results, I was at a loss. I prayed to God that night, asking him why and telling him that I just didn't know what to pray for now. That's when I just asked him to keep our family close and to give us the strength, peace and encouragement we needed to do everything that little J needs. I also asked him to help me trust my faith in him.

The next day, I was really just out of it, G told me to get out of the house for awhile, so I headed for the mall. I had walked around aimlessly for about an hour, when all of the sudden, I was just going to lose it. I knew I had to get out of there. I was a bit dazed and just aiming myself for the nearest exit, when I ran into Sharon from our adult bible fellowhip (ABF) at church. What a blessing that was! It was so nice to see her and talk to her. I felt so much better! The following week, I woke up one day and just felt like crying. Wondering, why this was happening to my little one. About an hour later I received a phone message from Nicole also from our ABF at church. She has been down the same road we are traveling, and just hearing her message made me feel so much better.

I do have complete faith! I know that there will be obstacles ahead for our family, but I know that we will have exactly what we need. I know that God has a plan in all of this, and I know that little J is going to make some amazing differences in our lives and out in the world! He is in one word PERFECT!

3 comments:

island jen said...

yay...so glad to see you back!! your little guy is going to be amazing!! with parents like you guys he can do anything and then some. and now you have solid answers, no more waiting and wondering. and with answers you have a plan and you have support. let me know if you need anything!! i'm thinking about you guys!! hugs and love to your family!

Suzy West said...

Hey there girlie!! Just wanted to tell you how much I love ya!!! You are such an amazing gal!!! J is and has been in our prayers!!!!
Hugs

Anonymous said...

Hey Laurie, the pixies are glad to see you back. I know how hard it is to come to grips when they tell you your "perfect" baby has a problem. But now you know, so you can do something about it! There are lots of resources out there and little J will have the best help, 'cause he has a mommy and daddy who love him so that they will find it! But just remember little J is perfect, he is a sweet little guy first and foremost. What ever he has is just a part of him, not who he is. ((Hugs)) Berta