Jo tagged me recently and I'm finally getting around to facing the challenge.
1.I am a book lover! I do however have a few crazy quirks about my book love. I hate library books, they stink and who knows where they've been? I can't stand the thought of some random stranger reading the book and sneezing all over it or taking it into their bathroom and reading it on the pot and then there I sit in my bed reading the same book and getting those filthy germs all over me and my bed! I never take a book from the top of the stack...I like my book to be a virgin when I open it (or at least believe it is).
2. Ever since Little J was born and I had those 2 am feedings, I found Korean Dramas on AZNTV. I have been addicted ever since! They are basically soap operas that actually come to an end. So, if you don't mind reading subtitles, then give them a try. They are really entertaining.
3. I have been watching the Young and the Restless off and on since about 1980! I can't believe that I've been keeping track of that soap for almost 27 years! Oy vey, that makes me sound really old, but I'm not! It's amazing the things that can happen in a soap opera...where else can a stripper end up running for senate? Where else can a pool boy end up marrying both of the sisters in the family he worked for and then marry the other daughter of the rival prominent family and become a member of the board of directors of rival families company?? And, how come they never got a replacement pool boy?
4. I can't believe I'm about to admit this, but here it goes. Back in the 80's I was a huge Whitney Houston fan. I so wanted to be Whitney! Thank goodnes for unanswered prayers! The first concert I ever went to was Whitney Houston at the Concord Pavillion. I think it was sometime around 1986. I totally remember trying to work out the scam to get away with going to the concert, because at the time I was under strict parental control and this was not going to happen by just asking if I could go. Anyway, as always my scam was detected and I was in huge trouble. I don't know how I ended up getting to go, but I remember it being a fun road trip from Santa Rosa to Concord with 2 of my co-workers from factoid #5 about me. That would have been Vicky and Rich who went with me. Thank goodness Vicky always had my back and helped me get away with a few things that were not on the allowed to do list.....
5. My first job was at Burger King! Ugh! I can't believe that I actually wore that polyester nightmare of a uniform! Just thinking about that polyester with all the grease floating around makes me ill! I can still imagine that smell! Ick!!! Oh well, it was a great time though! Made some great friends and had an awesome time working the drive-thru with my friend Chris from high school. That girl could make anyone on the other end of that speaker laugh out loud! Oh and my cousin worked there at the same time too. Sadly, after 1 year I had to leave the fun of Burger King behind, because I got a better job at Baskin and Robbins!! YUMMY ICE CREAM and no grease!! It was right across the parking lot from Burger King, so I still saw my friends on a daily basis.
6. In 1988 I was the 1st runner up in the Apple Blossom Queen competition in Sebastopol which made me an Apple Blossom princess. Fun times!!
7. Okay, and last but not least I know someone who shall remain nameless that used to dance for MC Hammer. HA!
Now, I'm supposed to tag a few peeps to share their 7 facts. I'm going to tag....Jenn (mesogoofy), Jen (islandgirl) and even though she hasn't finished the tag I did last time, Erin!!