Followers

Wednesday, August 06, 2008

If you were at PF Chang's this afternoon.....

and you saw a mommy with a little drama queen and a comedian on either side of her trying to feed both of them simultaniously......I'm sorry. I'm sorry my little drama queen was constantly screaming and throwing whatever she could get her hands on onto the floor. Thanks to those patrons behind me who picked up her toy and didn't give me the "get the heck outta here" look, because your kids are hecka buggin' me! I'm sorry my comedian was, well being a comedian. I honestly made every effort to make sure they would not disrupt your eating experience. I brought every toy that they usually love, I brought their favorite snack and didn't just stop because I thought they had too many already, I asked for a spot in the restaurant that was as discreet as possible. I'm sorry you got stuck next to us.

I'm not sorry that I went though! I had a wonderful (yet busy) lunch with my sorority sisters Verna, Annie, Maria and another Sister's mother Sheryl. It was so awesome to catch up with them...because we really don't do it often enough. Thanks to them for putting up with my crazy kiddos today and for embracing them in all their glory! Because, life with them is an adventure that sometimes tires me out, but I sure love the fun memories to laugh about later! Thanks to them for seriously taking an interest in Little J and asking any question! I LOVE THAT! Just spending some time with all of you made my day! :D

Verna took some photos, so when I get some I'll post them.....my two were keeping me way to busy to get the camera out.

Oh, the funniest thing though....so little Princess J was wearing her "Diva" shirt and she was defintately in rare form today (I think she's a little outta sorts after her vaccine shots on Monday). She was fussin' up a storm (loud) and as I said earlier throwing whatever she could her her hands on. The minute Verna pulled out her camera, she started posing and smiling! ROFLOL!! Can't wait to see those photos.

Also, I decided to order a rice bowl for the two kids to split. Little J wouldn't eat the rice, he kept picking it out of his mouth he would only tolerate the chicken (he's not a Chinese food fan..takes after his dad). Princess J wanted nothing to do with the chicken she would only eat the rice(she is my daughter!).....grain by grain with her fingers! :D

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

We had a similar incident at Don Jose's a few weeks ago. I ended up taking Max for a walk outside...which only helped a little. :-)

Hey...Max had some vaccines on Monday, too. :-)

Tayde Lund said...

this is such a cute post!!! loved it so much, I'm sitting here with a huge grin on my face cause I KNOW the feeling girlfriend!!! heehee I call it Mommy's magic trix bag...Oh I even carry an old "walkie talkie", yes, before we had cell phones....I had these walkie talkies and my lil one michalee can entertain herself with it for a good while...And yes, I LOVE those looks...the ones where you know you've just "wrecked" someone's "eating-out experience" with the presence of your kiddos, I mean I want to say sometimes "get a grip"... But then I just have to laugh it off, kill em with kindness...and act like I'm not even sweating it!

erin said...

i totally hear you on the lunch out as a sahm mom thing!!!

Kent said...

Oh how funny! I am glad people were understanding though!

Shan said...

I cracked up reading this, and, well, I've been there! Hooray for nice table neighbors:)

Mom to Will & Cate said...

Yes, my mom is Aimee. It's neat that you met her and then met me. Today is one of those feeling sorry for myself days, so keep me in your prayers. Loved your story. Totally have been there.