Followers

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Turkey Day!
















I have so much to be thankful for. I know that with Thanksgiving, maybe that sentence is a little played out, but honestly, I should probably start every day by telling myself this. This year for Thanksgiving, we spent it at home, just the four of us. We had a full turkey meal with all the fixings and lots of leftovers! It was a lot of work to cook all of that, but it really didn't feel like work while I was doing it. We were supposed to go on a neighborhood walk this morning, but all the kiddos are still sick. Princess was up at 1am and just unhappy (screaming included) until about 3am. We watched two fun hours of Sesame Street...thank goodness for On Demand television! She was super sleepy when she got up, so the neighborhood walk was shelved. So far, we've been lucky enough to be able to have one humidifier and switch it between the kiddos, since generally they are not sick at the same time. This time, no such luck, so it was off to KMart for me today. I got in and got what I needed and got out. The place was super packed! I guess that KMart is the only big store doing Lay-A-Way now, so the line for that was HUGE! Yikes!


I am so thankful for above all, my sweet and amazing family! I couldn't ask for a better husband and father for my little ones. No matter what, he always puts us first. He is always willing to put his desires aside to make things easier for me and for whatever the kiddos need. I hope he knows that what I really want is for him to realize his own dreams (he knows what I'm talking abotu here) and that I'm willing to work extra hard and give things up to support him in that. As a matter of fact, nothing would make me happier than to see him do this something that he's been talking about since we met. I LOVE YOU G!
Little J has had an amazing year! When he was diagnosed with Angelman Syndrome, we were devastated. Angelman Syndrome really does make life hard, challenging and frustrating sometimes...okay a lot of times. Little J faces so many challenges and frustrations and he does it with such amazing grace and fearlessness. He NEVER gives up. He keeps trying things over and over, no matter how long it takes him to master. We recently had a follow-up in San Diego with several doctors and professionals that had evaluated him just one year ago. One of the professionals said she was so impressed and amazed my his progress. I must be thankful to his therapists (Sheri and Wendy), his teachers and aides (Janice, Sandy, Connie and Aaron) and his doctors. Everyone just supports him and never gives up on him. This kid just brings a smile to my face every day.
Princess J is just one little character. She is such an independent little girl and knows exactly what she wants and you'd better not try to get in her way. She's not afraid to "voice" her opinion! She cracks me up to no end. After watching the struggles that Little J goes through, seeing all the accomplishments of this little girl is just amazing! She figures things out so quickly and just keeps us on the move all of the time. She is so caring for Little J too. Whenever Little J drops something, she will make sure to pick it up and give it back to him. She gets really upset when he gets in trouble (that goes both ways though, when she gets in trouble he gets really upset as well) I love that they "look out" for eachother! She really is just a sweet blessing and we are so lucky to have her.
I am also thankful for my extended family and my friends. Our families do everything they can to support us. Sometimes we are overwhelmed or just plain tired and may not say it enough, but we are thankful. I am so lucky to have recently reconnect with many good friends. I am so thankful that those of you who I have reconnected with have been so supportive of Little J, your commitment to try and walk with us at the next walk-a-thon is so greatly appreciated. I love seeing you, even if sometimes it's only on Facebook.
My Alpha Phi sisters....you are true sisters and I love you guys soooo much!!!
We have been greatly blessed and we are thankful.
Happy Thanksgiving!








1 comment:

emelyn said...

Happy Happy Thanksgiving to you and your sweet beautiful family!!