Since I earned my new title....Empress of the Evil Empire, I thought it was time to debunk that myth. No matter what anyone thinks, I am not powerful enough to control the evil universe, unfortunately, I can't even control the happy universe.
Thankfully, there are quite a few things that are making me happy happy happy these days!
1. Safeway.com. Since we just got back from vacation and like old mother Hubbard, the cupboards were bare, we decided to try out grocery delivery. I must say I was quite impressed. This will definately be a timesaving luxury! The delivery guy was great, and there were only a couple of mistakes and a couple of out of stock items. With the mistakes, I contacted their customer service and they credited our account instantly! Very nice and efficiently too! Love it!! When you order over $150 your order is free. Normal delivery is between $4.95 and $9.95. Totally worth it to not make all those impulse purchases and have all those heavy items delivered to your door!
2. Starbucks. Loving that the Gingerbread Latte is back!! Another awesome addition is the Andes Mint Brownie...YUMMO!!! I am also happy, that they just opened up a Starbucks nearby with a Drive-thru!!! So happy, that Little J can enjoy the comfort of his car seat, and I can get my Gingerbread Latte without leaving the comfort of the car, or having to lug Little J in and out of the car.
3. Scrapbooking Outside the Box. Found this cute little store in Bend, Oregon. What a delight! All the latest and greatest and super service. I missed my regular hangout, but this was a good substitute! Probably spent a little too much money there on my 3 trips, but I was going through scrap shopping withdrawls!
4. Bay Area Scrappers. Can't wait till this Saturday! What a fun filled day in store!! First, we're having our annual Cookie Exchange Crop! Love this crop and coming home with great cookies! Tomorrow, I'm spending the day making my Butterscotch Oatmeal cookies (will all the ingredients delivered by Safeway). Then we have our mechanics gift exchange and holiday soiree (nothing fancy, just good fun) and then I'm taking the canvas calendar class by Michelle Tornay. She is a genius!!! Glad to get to see my friends too, as being away, I've missed them bunches!!
5. Erin had her baby girl on Monday! What a blessing her friendship is! I am so stinkin' happy for her! Can't wait to see that precious little one!!
6. Good TV!! Tonight, it's Survivor: Cook Island! Go Yul and Becky!! and ER. Can't wait to be snuggled up in bed watching TV!
7. A good book on the nightstand! Goodnight Nobody by Jennifer Weiner is my current read. So far, so good. Next on the list...especially if your a scrapbooker is Keepsake Crimes by Laura Childs. I've got so many books to read, but in the last two weeks, I've been to Barnes and Noble twice and picked up yet 4 more books to add to my mound! Especially fun, was taking my nephew Z and treating him to a couple of books as well! Love to encourage reading!
8. Playtime with little J! It's so nice to be home and be in our own space. It's always nice to spend time away and be with family, but there is nothing like your own space! Little J had two appointments today, but it was still nice to be back to normal. Love just being on the floor and playing! Also, Yukon came home today from his puppy hotel/spa stay. It's nice to have him home! G gave him a bath and he is back to smelling good and just relaxing around the house with us.
9. An awesome hubby who knows I am not the Empress of the Evil Universe and is upstairs as I type making me dinner!!!