Followers

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Reading....

I've been a lover of books for as long as I can remember. I'm so glad to see that in Princess J too. She loves to sit and look at books, listen to books and she always has one or more with her in the car no matter where we go. I used to read so much before my last two were born. Since Princess J and Peanut J have come along finding time to sit and enjoy a book as been difficult. There are so many other things roping me in during my free time (read here when all the kids are asleep). One of my goals in the new year is to get my reading fix in....and I don't mean reading The Cat in the Hat or I Do Not Like Green Eggs and Ham! I do love those books too, but after you've read them 100 times you need something new.

To get me started, I've selected 10 books I'm going to read before the year is up! These don't include new releases coming from a few of my favorite authors that I plan to add to my list as I'm plugging along. Most of these are easy reads. Nothing that Oprah would select for her book club, but they all seem to be entertaining and that is exactly what I'm looking for right now. I'm not putting any pressure on myself that I must end up reading these 10, maybe others will replace these or maybe I'll start one and *gasp* hate it so much I'll put it down. This would be a difficult task for me as I've never done that before...once I start a book, I've got to finish it....but maybe I could try....afterall who has time to waste. So, here is my current list which may be changed, added to, subtracted to, or dumped all together depending on how it goes.

I'm going to do my best to keep it updated here on the blog and I'll let you know what I think of the books too as I go along!

1. Twenties Girl by Sophie Kinsella
2. LA Candy and Sweet Little Lies by Lauren Conrad (I know they are two seperate books, but I'm listing them together, because they seem like one and the same to me)
3. My Sisters Keeper by Jodi Picoult
4. Dear John by Nicholas Sparks
5. The Shanghai Girls By Lisa See
6. The Secret Shoppers Revenge by Kate Harrison
7. The Girl With the Dragon Tatoo by Stieg Larsson
8. Family Tree by Barbara Delinsky
9. Against Medical Advice by James Patterson and Hal Friedman
10. Mayhem in High Heels by Gemma Halliday
11. The Time Travelers Wife by Audrey Niffenegger
12. Outside In by Courtney Thorne-Smith

See, I couldn't narrow it down so I'm already up to 12......wish me Luck!

1 comment:

tante Tessie said...

I read Stieg Larsson's book and am on the library waiting list for the second one "The Girl who played with Fire". I loved the girl with dragon tattoo. Everytime you think it has to be the end of the story...BOOOM another bomb drops. Put it first on your list. I absolutely love to read!!!! Must be a family trait. :)