Followers

Saturday, June 03, 2006

My Handsome Guys!


Even with everything going on in our house these days, and our future heading down a road we did not anticipate, I find myself to be one of the luckiest women in the world! The other day, I was a little pensive about our future, and I was a little sad about the future that I had originally imagined having to be altered. Then today, I woke up and took another look at this photo I snapped of G and little J. I am so blessed to have such a wonderful husband and to have this beautiful little boy. Everyday, I wake up and get to go to his room and see his smiling joyful face! And let me tell you, this kid never wakes up on the wrong side of the crib! He always has that bright happy smile and the minute he sees me, I hear his joyful laugh as well. I know this journey will not be easy, but what journey is? I know we will hit some bumpy spots, but that is what our family and friends are there for. To help when our tires are flat, we run out of gas or need a tow. So to all of you who have offered support and help, I may not call you today or tomorrow, but when and if we need a little push....I've got your numbers! Thank you!

On a side note, many of you know, that G and I would like to expand our little family. All we are waiting for now, is that little test that I took. There is like a one in a gazillion chance that I may be a carrier for this, but since our insurance is willing to pay for it, we decided that it's better to make sure that I'm not that one in a gazillion. If the blood test comes back positive then we would have a 50% chance of having another child with the same disorder. If it comes back negative we have the same chance as every other family on the planet..less than 1%. Keep your fingers crossed for us!

Also, if you have an extra spot on your prayer list, please keep us in your prayers, that God will give us the strength and courage to face the tough days, and that he will help us stand strong in our faith in him.

Love to you all!

3 comments:

Suzy West said...

Thanks for making me cry! I was reading your post and listening to the beautiful song at the same time!!!!
You know I always have you in my prayers!!!
Love ya girl!!!!

Anonymous said...

Laurie, that is an adorable photo! And I am hoping the odds will be there for you and Greg. I will be thinking of you and hope all the tests come back for you just fine. (((Hugs w/ crossed fingers too,)))

Krista Lund said...

what a wonderful picture! take care :)