Wow! This is going to take me back. It's been so long since I've been in school! Let's see what I can come up with. These are definately not in any order of importance.
1. I remember in junior high, I was an 8th grade cheerleader. We were supposed to be at a tournament at the high school. I was the only one who showed up. I don't know how, but I was brave enough to sit with another group of cheerleaders from another school and cheer our team on!
2. I remember during my senior year of high school, I went to my first party with alcohol. (I have a strict Filipino father, so I didn't go much of anywhere unless my parents called and spoke to the adult who was going to be present) My friend bought me a 4 pack of wine coolers which I drank all of and would not share. I remember hiding in a closet when the sherrifs showed up. The sherriff who was also the coach for the boys basketball team (who knew me because I was a cheerleader still) recognized me and laughed and closed the door without getting my friends or I in trouble. I did get a lecture later and was told if he caught me again he was going to tell my parents.
3. I remember my friend Colin DeBre, who had to move under not so happy circumstances during our freshman year. I've missed her ever since....sure wish I could find her.
4. I remember being in the Sebastopol Apple Blossom queen competition with my friend Dawn Sirstad (wish I could find her too). We had so much fun doing all the events leading up to the crowning of the queen and the local parade and festival. I didn't win, but I was first runner-up, which was called the Apple Blossom princess....so you can call me princess! LOL
5. I remember my first crush that started in junior high school and carried through high school.
6. I remember being in a drama production where we lip synced to different music artists. I lip synced to Whitney Houston, and because I was such a good girl in school, one of my teachers asked me if I even knew what I was lip syncing about. (The song had something to do with sex).
7. I remember the first and last time I was a bully. I got into a fight with a girl who everyone picked on. I don't remember her last name, but I remember her first...Althea..if your out there, I'm sorry for being a bitch.
8. I remember the students we lost to drunk driving accidents.
9. I remember my favorite teacher...Mr. Miller. I still miss seeing him! During my senior year, I was a teachers assistant in his class for at least 3 periods of the day.
10. I remember my first french kiss. It happened after school, I was a freshman and he was a junior. It was near the gym and locker rooms, because he was going to football practice, and I was going to cross country running practice. It was the grossest thing ever, I had to wash my mouth out in the locker room right after.
I remember lots of friends! I remember wishing I could grow up and be an adult, but now that I am, I really miss those carefree fun days. If you know any of the following people, let me know, because they were my friends and since high school ended we have lost touch, and I miss them and would love to find them again.
and anyone else from El Molino H.S class of 1988