Followers

Friday, April 25, 2008

The Adventures of a Pitiful Princess.....


Our poor Princess J had a horrible night last night......of course she did, because mommy had some scrapping plans on Friday! Anyway, Princess J spiked a fever at about 7pm of 101. again. We gaver her some tylenol and she ate and drank her bottle and fell asleep. This poor little girl was up every 45 minutes to an hour all night! She was just miserable. Her fever came down and hovered in the 99 to 100.3 range until morning, but nothing would console this wee little one. I felt so bad for her, all she wanted to do was get comfortable and sleep, but it was just not happening. When she finally gave up trying to sleep and decided she might as well watch cartoons, she just looked miserable. Her poor little eyes were all watery, her nose was just drenched in snot and she's got bags packed under her eyes that could hold every outfit she owns (and that's a lot, if you hadn't guessed). You might think looking at this photo that she's smiling, but she's not. That is here melodramatic look for....."Look Lady, that's not whatI want, you don't have what I want, so until you have what I want, leave me the freak alone (as she uses her hand to shove whatever item or person is in it's wake out of the way)!
We took her to the pediatrician, this morning and there is no ear infection, no strep throat....and no magic pill to make her all better! She finally slept for an 1 1/2 hours this morning, but has been grumpy (I would be too) all day long. I got everything set to go to my scrap night, set Daddy up with all the kids food put together and ready to go, Little J's medications and suppliments and headed out to have a little girl time. About 2 hours in, G calls me, and Princess J is not happy and had spit out part of her motrin. I felt so bad, that he was having a rough time, and that Princess J was so unhappy, that I just had to come home. When I got home, G had just changed her and we let her walk around in her walker for about 15 minutes. She drank her milk (and then in a perfect world, this is where she would fall asleep) and she wanted to go in her play pen. She has this routine in her play pen, that if she's thinking about being tired and napping, she will start getting all the toys out by throwing them out of the play pen. Tonight, she decided she didn't want the toys in there and started handing them to me to put away. One by one, all of the toys were removed in this manner. Poor thing kept laying down trying to get comfortable, but it was not working. Mommy walking around holding her was not working, mommy rocking her was not working, laying her in our bed propped up (so the snot wouldn't block her nose) was not working, daddy trying to cuddle her was not working..............so, I resorted to the one thing I never thought I would do.......I loaded this kid up in her car seat and drove her around. When I first put her in the seat, she was screaming like a banshee, but once we got moving I think she was asleep before we hit the stop sign that exits our neighborhood. I drove about 5 miles in a perfect square through town and (knocking on wood right now) Princess J has been asleep for 2 1/2 hours in her carseat! She's squeeked a few times, but gotten right back to sleep. Let's hope this keeps up and she sleeps through for a few more hours at least. Sleep is, what I think she needs most to feel better.
On another note: I really want to thank everyone for their wonderful support of our family after the letter I posted about Little J the other day. So many people have generously donated to support him in the walk-a-thon. To each and every one of you, I am so grateful! If you didn't get a chance to read the letter, you can find it HERE.

If you would like to make a donation to support Little J in the walk-a-thon you can do so at Firstgiving-Team Punkypants. I guess I'll have to tell you how the nickname Punkypants came along someday too........
Okay, time for this tired mommy to try and get some rest.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it is so hard on mommies when our lil ones are sick! hope she is better today!