Followers

Monday, April 14, 2008

Toddler Choices in the News....

I bet you didn't know you had to decide which gang your toddler will belong to did you? Seriously, I cannot believe this! I was directed to this link from
Renee's Blog

Here is the story:

COMMERCE CITY, Colo. -- A couple fighting about which gang their 4-year-old toddler should join caused a public disturbance that resulted in the father's arrest, Commerce City police said Thursday.

On Saturday, Joseph Manzanares stormed into the Hollywood Video store where his girlfriend worked, threatened to kill her and knocked over several video displays and even a computer, Commerce City police Sgt. Joe Sandoval said.

After he ran out of the store, police were called and the 19-year-old was arrested at his home.

His girlfriend told police that they had been arguing about the upbringing of their son and which gang he should belong to. The teen mother, who is black, is a member of the Crips. Manzanares is Hispanic and belongs to the Westside Ballers gang, the woman said.

"They have different ideas on how the baby should be raised. Basically, she said they cannot agree on which gang the baby would 'claim,'" Sandoval said.

Manzanares was charged with disorderly conduct, harassment, and domestic violence. He was transported to the Adams County Detention Facility.

On Tuesday, he pleaded guilty to disorderly conduct and was sentenced to a year of probation. The misdemeanor harassment charge was dropped.


See original story here.

I too am at a loss for words.....

3 comments:

Mommy to those Special Ks said...

I know, I still can't wrap my mind around it.

Anonymous said...

I read the article and just rolled my eyes. This is why some people just shouldn't be allowed to be parents!

Patyrish said...

My mouth is hanging open.

People are morons.

I feel really sorry for that kid. Can you imagine the stupidity he/she must live in every waking moment?