Friday, May 30, 2008

Update on Princess J

After a long night, of watching Princess J like a hawk for any signs of problems, I am happy to report that she is fine! I can't even begin to tell you how upset I was. I never would have even thought about a mushroom being poisonous had it not been for remembering news stories about people eating certain types of mushrooms and dying. I was so beyond freaked out when I saw that little mushroom in her hand. I didn't even know we had any on the lawn. It was the first time I had ever seen any there, and we play out on our lawn A LOT!
Thank goodness that I had placed those stickers with the poison control phone number the pediatrician had given us on our bulletin board. I have them a few other places as well, but this one is the most handy.
I might as well take this time to do a little public service announcement. If you don't have the number posted by your phone....go do it NOW! We posted the number by our phone when Little J was just one year old. We've never used it before, but thank goodness it was there. The nationwide Poison Control Center phone number is 1-800-222-1222. If you need to call, have as much information as possible about the item your little one ingested. They really were very helpful, and were very calm and comforting. This was so important, because while I tried to remain calm, inside I was doing the super freak out! They actually even called me this morning to check on Princess J and make sure that everything was fine. This also gave me time to process everything and I had listed a couple of additional questions to ask. It also made me feel better to know, that when I called the local ER, they said that they would have called poison control and done or told me to do whatever they said. This means, that I called the "top of the chain" and got the best information possible.
Thought I'd share a few photos of my happy little princess too! Go hug those kiddos now!


Mommy to those Special Ks said...

ok first off, I am SO glad she is ok! That would have freaked me out too! Second, she is SO stinkin adorable I can hardly stand it!! I LOVE her big pink bow! She's really so beautiful!

As told by her mom, Sandy... said...

I love these pictures. They are absolutely the cutest ever.

I'm so glad she's okay!