Followers

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Up Late....

It is hecka late and I cannot sleep. I've got tons of things on my mind and lots of things on my "to do" list. Of course it's late and everyone is asleep, so I can't really accomplish anything. Little J is on summer break for a whole week (he goes to school through July). G's not feeling well, he actually called in sick to work for the first time since he started with the department almost 12 years ago. Poor G is not one who likes to be down for the count or sit still for a minute. I've been running around trying to do my best to take care of everyone and everything that needs to be done....and I actually enjoy doing it. It's just a lot of work and I'm tired and I can't sleep. Oy! What's a girl to do. We're also wrestling with plans and settling things for our future. So many things about being a mommy and daddy to two beautiful little ones make decision making harder. It's even tougher when one of them has special needs.

It's hard to be a serious planner when you've always been a go with the flow kind of girl. Good thing I married an over planner! It still makes decision making hard. I just love my little ones and my husband so much and want them all to have the happiest life ever! Finding the balance for what will make each of us happy and also meet the needs the Little J has is so hard and scary........

The joy and blessings of sweet little ones....

3 comments:

emelyn said...

I totally know what you mean. I've been so stressed out the past few days. Then throw PMS in that mix, too! LOL. As mothers we have a gazzillion jobs to do...big HUGS to you!

Krista Lund said...

sorry you couldn't sleep, laurie!
hugs to you! you are a wonderful, caring mother and i know you are making all the right decisions and choices for what is best for your family.

Patyrish said...

I am having the same sleeping issues here. TOO MUCH ON MY MIND!

You know how I feel about the whole "special needs child" and planning for "later in life". I think I have to go puke now.....ugh.