Followers

Thursday, October 16, 2008

For the Love of Nilla Wafers {and some other random stuff}














What a busy day....don't I start every post with that sentence or some form of it? Yikes! Today, we dropped Little J off at school and then Princess J and I headed out to meet Auntie Verna (one of my sorority sisters from Alpha Phi) for an early lunch. Yummy! Good times! We also did a little window shopping. I've been looking for what Little J is going to wear to see Santa, but haven't found it yet. Princess J is all set though. Then we headed back to pick up Little J from school.

We came home and relaxed for about 45 minutes, before we had to head back out to take Little J to the pediatrician's office for his flu shot....well, actually his flu mist. Then, instead of going back out later, we just headed straight for the grocery store. It's always a big adventure with both little ones in tow. Little J was busy trying to grab anything he could reach....and since his arms are longer than the I-5 freeway...that's A LOT of stuff! Princess J was busy saying Mama and Baba over and over again....sometimes at the top of her lungs! :D As we strolled down the cookie aisle, and I was trying to decide what kind of cookies to get for the lil' ones, Princess J reached out and pointed towards the Nilla Wafers. She's never had these before, but apparently something about this big yellow box caught her eye. I picked up another box of cookies and showed them both to her, but she grabbed the Nilla Wafers and would not let go. So, we got the lil' ones Nilla Wafers. She carried them all the way out to the car and even held onto them in the car on the way home. Hope she likes them when the come her way after dinner.

Little J got himself a cookie as well....he was a little more devious though. Sadly, I have no photos to show for this little display of 3 year old behavior. They had these halloween decorated cookies at the checkout counter. Little J swiped for them and I caught him and put it back. A couple of minutes later, he grabbed the cookie again and put it right in his mouth. While he didn't get the bite he was looking for, he did break a chunk off of the cookie.....so we own it now. I really wish they wouldn't put those cookies there. It's a pain in the bootay, it's one thing to fight the kids off the candy shelves at the checkout stands, but to have things on the counters past the register is just mean! ;P

This week we also celebrated G's birthday!

Also, just in case you were wondering when the Christmas stuff would start appearing....Coca Cola has decided that it's the Holiday Season with the introduction of their holiday cans!
And....if you are a Kenny Chesney fan....the new album is out and it does not disappoint! :D You didn't think I would miss it did you? Sigh.....










3 comments:

Tayde Lund said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE KENNY!!!!!!!!! OMG HUGE FAN!! The hubby and I had a blast at his concert!! OMG our wedding song is Kenny!! So many greaty memories with Kenny, oh and I have to get his new album!!! his music makes my heart smile!!!:) OH I love all the cool updates with your lil fam!!! your daughter is going to be such a "heart breaker"...look at her precious lil face!! Oh you can just keep falling love with that lil face!!! You are just one lucky mommie to have such a beautiful family!:) have a fabulous weekend!Enjoy your family!!! :) Isn't life great!!!!

Anonymous said...

I love the photo of Princess J hugging the box. I can see the LO now...

Krista Lund said...

great post, laurie! bday fun, yummy nillas and kenny- lol!