Followers

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Life is about to get really interesting!

Oh my! The time has finally come....G is going back to work on Monday! It's going to be me and 2 kiddos on our own! I'm nervous and excited all at the same time. Princess J is quite demanding and is still waking up every 3 hours. Thankfully Little J is so easy going and sleeps well! The mornings are going to be a little rough, since I am soooo not a morning person. This afternoon, was probably just a tiny glimpse of what is to come. Both kiddos wanted attention at the exact same moment for various needs. My guess, is that I'm going to have to run the house like a triage for awhile. Everything will get a priority. It will all get done, one way or another. I remember when G went back to work after we had Little J, I was so nervous, but got myself into a groove and worked it out. I'm sure the same thing will happen this time too. I'm excited for the next phase to arrive and to settle into a normal routine again.

With G going back to work, I think I better get it together and get my scrap room cleaned and organized. I need to get back to scrappin' more regularly. I was so excited to get some good layouts done this weekend and feel like my mojo had returned. I'll be returning to working on layouts for the Garage Girls next month too...soooo, unless I want to be scrapping on the floor again, I better get it together.

The front of our house looks presentable again. For ages, our front yard has been a disaster of dead grass and weeds. We hired landscapers, and they have completed our front yard. New sprinkler system and all! It's nice to have beautiful green grass again. On the day that Princess J was born (my kiddos are always born in the midst of another pre-planned appointment), we'd had some arborists out to remove dead trees and trim up the good ones. Some of our front planter boxes were empty after the removal, those are now filled up with beautiful smelling Jasmine! I love to be in the front yard when that is blooming! The flower beds are all groomed and ready for some planting, so I'm going to try and work on that sometime in the next month. I've never had green thumb, so wish me luck with that. Thankfully, we have the landscaper guy coming out to keep the lawn mowed and kept up, so I don't have to worry about killing that! I'll post some photos of the before and after in the next few days.

On my agenda for the rest of the week (along with cleaning my scraproom) is a little spring cleaning. I'm planning on hiring a housecleaner a couple of times a month, because I'm pretty sure I can't keep up with the house, the laundry, Little J's appointments and the kiddos in general once G goes back to work. Got any recomendations?

In other news, (no #3 is not on the way yet...LOL!) Little J is going to join his daddy in the local parade this weekend. I can't wait to get photos of that! Princess J and I will be sitting on the sidewalk waiting to waive at them as they cruise by. So exciting!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i don't have a green thumb either...so we have low maintenance stuff so i cannot kill it. i remember tending to our rose bushes when miss e still napped twice a day...that was in what 2003??? LOL

i will be sending lots of good thoughts your way for next week.

love ya!

mesogoofy2 said...

Just wanted to stop by and say hi!

Sounds like your front yard looks beautiful! Would love to see pictures! =0)

I bet your son is going to LOVE being in a parade!!!!!! I bet you will do some really cool scrap pages about that! =)

Anonymous said...

stop by knudsen's on CV Blvd the day of the parade and tell Dave Knudsen you know me! they are great people!

Krista

JoAnn V. (http://joboogie.typepad.com) said...

Carl goes back to work full time next week too! I'm freaking out because it's fine during the day, but Carl works at night! Eek!

I SO don't have a green thumb... I think that's why I'm kind of grateful for living in a condo. *lol*

Little J will be so cute in the parade. Can't wait to see pictures!

Love Cold Stone, but I can't deviate from the Coffee Lovers or the Peanut Butter Cup Temptation! That's heaven on a spoon! *lol*