Followers

Friday, May 11, 2007

Life Journeys

Earlier today, I posted a quote because I wanted to remember it. This last week has been full of tragic news revolving around children. I suppose these things happen every day, but for some reason, I've been running into these posts on 2peas about families that could really use some support and prayers. All these posts with links to news stories about children suffering, chidren being sick, and children tragicly dying. My heart goes out to these mothers and fathers and the families of these children. I think the story that got me thinking the most was the story of the Coble Family. How do you go on? How do you really find a way to trust that God will get you through? I mean, I know he will, but how do you trust that after such a horrific tragedy? I'm so thankful for my husband and my children. I love them with all my heart and can't even begin to imagine what these other families are going through. I'm praying for all of the families that I've heard about and read about in the last week.

Here is a link to a tribute video to the Coble family. Be warned that there is footage of the actual accident (just visual of their van and big rig) at the end. You can also go to Life to Motion and sign a guestbook and/or donate money to assist the family.

Hug your kiddos a little longer tonight and think about some families you know that could use some extra prayers especially for their children. Send those prayers up!

On a lighter note...Go to Coldstone Ice Creamery and try: Strawberry Ice Cream with white cake, strawberries and coconut mix-ins....Yummo!

1 comment:

JoAnn V. (http://joboogie.typepad.com) said...

So very sad... so very tragic.

It's funny how things just happen sometimes... I come across it working in the hospital with little ones...

I'm just thankful for life and everyone around me... and I continue to pray everyday.

*hugs*