Followers

Friday, August 12, 2005

Jumping on the Blog bandwagon!

Okay, so now I've finally committed myself to jumping on the blog bandwagon. After trying to set this up, I feel like I'm hanging from a rope being dragged behind the wagon, but what the heck! I'm sure I'll get the hang of this and that lots of my blogging friends will help me out! Thanks in advance for the help.

Right now, the big thing going on in my house is a laundry room demolition. It's been ugly! For those of you who don't know the story, I'll try to give you the short version. Back in September, we decided to remodel the lower floor of our split level home before the little one arrived. We repainted the entire downstairs, had new windows put in, had carpeting put in the family room, and then put vinyl flooring in my craft room and laundry room. We got a few new furniature pieces and hubby got his big screen TV. We were getting a new washer and dryer, so we decided that since we were getting new hoses and such, that we would have the faucets replaced that go to the washer from the wall to prevent leaks. We even bought the pan that goes under the washing machine to protect against leakage problems. So anyway, we call a plumber out, and they proceed to take off the old ones and put the new ones on......Great! Well, as it turns out, what they should have done, was cut into the drywall when the replaced the faucets, because of the pressure they placed on the pipes, the solder broke inside the wall, and it's been leaking ever since. We tried working with the plumber to facilitate repair of the damage to no avail so far. We contacted our insurance who opened up an investigation for us and found that what the plumber did was in fact the cause of our loss. So, now we are working on having him take responsibility for the damage. In the meantime, we have had to begin getting the work done to repair my once beautiful laundry room. Right now, it is a shell of a room. The entire flooring had to be ripped out down to the concrete pad, as well as 80% of the drywall in the room. I'll try to find before and after pictures to post at a later date.

So, to cheer myself up......I ordered the TSV from QVC! I'm happy for now!

1 comment:

Lizz said...

Welcome! LOL