Followers

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Just Thinking......

There is so much stuff going on in the world, in the nation, in this state, in my community and in my house, that I just decided to make a list of the things I'm thinking about today.

1. Hurricane Katrina and her aftermath. Everytime I hear a news story about a family who has lost everything or seen a loved one die or be swept away, I just want to cry. This is what I've mostly been thinking about I'm praying for everyone affected by this.

2. I'm praying for all the emergency workers trying to help with the aftermath of the storm. How difficult it must be for them, to know they've also lost everything, having to move their families out of the areas and go out there to work and see all the devastation. It really upsets me when the public has badmouthed some of their actions. There must be so much for them to do, and they must be so overextended. They can only do what they can do, and I hope in the long term, those needing help will get the help they need, but can be patient while these workers do their best in a tough situation.

3. I am so thankful for all of my blessing! Family, friends, and all of the things I am fortunate enough to have.

4. On a more selfish note, I'm trying to get all my trips for the rest of the year planned, before the prices start jumping based on fuel costs.

5. Taking action and getting things done!

6. I heard today, that I'm probably 10lbs heavier than I would be if I didn't drink my soda pop. I've gone cold turkey today.....no more soda (at least not on a daily basis) for me!

7. Really wanting my laundry room back........

8. When should we try for baby #2? Should we wait until after we go to Europe later this year? Should we get started in Vegas later this month? Hmmmm.....

9. Who the heck are these kids on that My Sweet 16 show? Who spends $200,000 on a 16 year olds party? I guess it wouldn't be so bad spending that much, if these kids were not so nasty and disrespectful! Oh my gosh! If I had ever spoken to my parents the way some of these kids do, I would not be alive today. Isn't someone teaching these kids how to respect others? Yikes!

10. Why am I so addicted to reality TV?

11. I bought these cute Franco Sarto shoes the other day for 1/2 off at Macy's. Now I want to go out and buy even more shoes! I love shoes!

2 comments:

island jen said...

I totally feel you on the Katrina tragedy. I actually try not too watch too much of it on TV...it's just so depressing.

Please don't share those soda facts!! I'm already trying to give up Starbucks, now soda too! Dear God my body is going to revolt!!

Anonymous said...

1&2. i totally hear you on this. it's so sad & tragic. wish there was more i could do.
3. ditto
4. yay! i love trips! you'll have to tell me all about your europe trip. love going to europe!!
6. i know, same with starbucks... i'm trying to give it up. so hard.
8. i say start now. hopefully you wont have any morning sickness while on your europe trip.
9. OMG! i was going to ask you about this?! now that our crazy bob & whitney are over, perfect replacement! what brats!!
10. ditto
11. love, love, love em!!